Having taken delivery of more loose leaf tea from the jolly good fellows at Jeeves and Jericho, I spent my Friday afternoon infusing some bourbon.
This time my order from Oxford’s finest tea-mongers consisted of:
- 65g of Earl of Grey (for Earl Grey Old Fashioneds)
- 75g of Dales Brew (for drinking with my Yorkshire buddies)
- 20g Camomile Blossom
- 20g Mojito Mint
Perhaps counter-intuitively given the name, my first infusion was four teaspoons of Mojito Mint in 200ml of Jim Beam White Label for one hour to create a Peppermint Bourbon for use in Mint Juleps.
The Camomile Manhattan I tried last night was a resounding success:
- Add a large measure of Camomile Bourbon, a measure of sweet vermouth and a measure of triple sec to a mixing glass 3/4 full of ice.
- Add two splooshes of orange bitters.
- Stir well and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a twist of orange.
Next up, once I get my hand on some decent Sherry, is La Valencia – stay tuned.